The LifeSource mission is to strengthen our community by providing customized assistance to families in need. Our approach is balanced and holistic — we offer food, clothing, adult education programs, after school and summer camp programs for children, counseling, Senior Saturday lunches, and community outreach meals. We maximize the impact of every donation, helping to strengthen families and build our community. We serve more than 55,000 individuals, children, and families in need every year. We want to say THANK YOU to everyone who supports us. We couldn’t help so many of our neighbors without your generosity.
We are looking for in-kind donations of items, services, or gift cards for our silent auction and raffle at our annual Hands of Compassion Gala, our single most important source of support for LifeSource programs. Guest speaker Jimmy Dykes and his wife Tiffany have been supporters of LifeSource International from its inception. Coach Dykes, who was an assistant coach under the leadership of the legendary Eddie Sutton, now finds joy leading the women’s basketball team at the University of Arkansas. Coach Dykes says that the most successful basketball programs all have a few key elements in common: “Passion, Excitement, and Commitment.” At LifeSource, these are the same qualities we need to continue helping our neighbors in the community.
The gala will be held April 28 at the Fayetteville Town Center. You can view auction items beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Since 2001, LifeSource has grown from a small food pantry to a charity serving more than 55,000 people a year throughout Northwest Arkansas. Our approach is holistic: we work to strengthen families and build our community by serving not only the physical, but also the emotional and intellectual needs of our neighbors. We offer programs designed to give a hand up, not simply a hand out.
- Food Assistance and Clothing Pantry – Serving 1,400 families each month
- Monthly Community Meal Outreach – Serving dinner to 400+ individuals and passing out an average of 175 food baskets
Kid’s Life After-School – Care and tutoring for children from area schools
- Kid’s Life Summer Camp – Eight-week day camp providing academic lessons, physical exercise, outings to museums, parks and libraries, and meals/snacks for 100 children
- Senior Saturdays – Luncheons and fellowship twice a month for seniors
- Adult Education – Classes in computer skills, ESL, personal finances, and job preparation
- Professional Counseling – Supportive counseling for the physical and emotional needs that people struggle with but are unable to afford on their own
Together, we can continue offering a Hand of Compassion to our neighbors.
Your donation will help us make an important difference in someone’s life. All donations are tax deductible. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail Michele, email@example.com, or call 521-4000.